Residents of North Dakota affected by the severe winter storms and flooding after March 13, 2009 can register to receive assistance by registering online at www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling FEMA’s toll-free telephone number (800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 800-462-7585).
Aid available will cover emergency home repair, temporary housing, replacement grants, and other needs that may not be covered by insurance policies. This aid, however, will mostly cover only basic needs and not entire losses, which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
FEMA has stated the following on their site:
When applying for help, be sure to have the following information available:
- Your current telephone number;
- Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you now are staying;
- Your Social Security number, if available;
- A general list of damages and losses you suffered;
- If insured, the name of your company or agent and your policy number;
- Bank account coding if you wish to speed up your assistance with direct deposit.”
Check out FEMA’s site for more information on receiving assistance.