Beginning in August 2010, Polygon will have a new vacuum freeze dry chamber. The chamber within it is the most sophisticated vacuum freeze dryer to be installed in America. It has the following features and advantages:
- A capacity for large or multiple projects: thus allowing Polygonto get big jobs done in a shorter amount of time or serve several clients at once
- 4 to 8 day drying cycle for fast turnaround
- Programs or “recipes” for low operating temperatures to preserve rare and fragile materials:
This is ideal for restoring wet documents, medical documents, film, damaged photographs, heirloom books and more.
- Recycling flush tank to reduce waste by 90% and promote our commitment to environmental responsibility
- Moisture probes and weight scale to show the progress of drying and significantly reduce the harmful effects of over-drying, which can seriously threaten the longevity of paper files and library books
- Built on a skid for mobility
The photos below show Polygon staff with the new chamber and building of the chamber. Learn more about document recovery.