Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, install, repair, and operate equipment in support of the services Polygon US provides to its customers. Services that are provided by Polygon include but are not limited to Temporary Climate Solutions, Emergency Drying Services, and Document Recovery Services. Though a technician may specialize in one area of these services, it is expected that technicians be willing and able to support all service lines provided by Polygon if requested.
Essential Job Functions:
- Comply and follow all health and safety protocols as established during on-boarding, training, and throughout the duration of tenure at Polygon.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner while following federally mandated DOT regulations and completing documentation as required. Vehicles are equipped with electronic monitoring devices and drivers are required to have a minimum safety score that is determined by the Polygon EH&S Manager.
- Accurately complete on a daily basis all project, equipment maintenance, and other documentation as required.
- Complete and submit expense reports accurately and in a timely fashion to ensure company issued credit card is not delinquent in payment.
- Set up, maintain, and demobilize temporary climate control equipment on project sites that includes but is not limited to:
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers
- Refrigerant Based Dehumidifiers
- DX Air Conditioning Units
- Air Cooled Chillers
- Air Handlers and Coil Modules
- Heaters (gas, electric, diesel)
- Ventilation and Air Filtration
- Remote Monitoring and Controls
- Communicate and interface proactively with Customers, Sales Team, and Operations counterparts as necessary.
- While not working on assigned projects, utilize down time to maintain and prepare equipment for upcoming projects.
- Work with assigned Team to organize, clean, and maintain a safe, orderly, and efficient work area and shop.
- Practice and promote on the job safety at all times.
- Continue to develop and actively engage in the Polygon Core Competency and Development Plan.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area and vehicle
- Enter time into Netsuite and ADP per company guidelines
- Complete assigned training topics and goals within the allotted time frame.
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Minimum two years of technical school or two years on the job experience in a related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, HVAC, and basic mechanical skills. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills along with technical skills. Must be Team oriented and professional manner.
- Ability to perform duties that are physical in nature.
- Willing to work overtime as and when needed.
- Willing to travel on short notice, sometimes for extended duration (typically 1-3 weeks).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to utilize and tow trailers for delivery of equipment.
- Ability to use IT hardware and equipment for documentation and reporting.
Minimum Polygon Provided Training Requirements Completed within the First 6 Months of Employment:
- OSHA 10 hour training for general industry
- DOT physical and certification
- Fork-lift and aerial lift certification
- GHS Understanding safety data sheets
- Hazard communication for general industry
- Trailer load securement and safety
- Electrical safety courses as follows:
- Electrical Safe Work Practices
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout Tag out)
- Arc Flash
- Basic psycrometrics
- Other training as required by regional influence
Demonstration of the Polygon Values:
Please submit all resumes to career_US@polygongroup.com