If you are a Contractor, moisture can your worst enemy, especially when you are up against a tight deadline. By implementing tailored temporary climate control solutions and construction drying services, construction sites can mitigate problems caused by high moisture levels and experience greater flexibility with a better quality of workmanship.
Reasons Why You May Need Temporary Climate Control
- You want to keep the project on track: When humidity levels are high, the wait time for paint, plaster, fireproofing compounds, adhesives, masonry, cement or other items to cure can seem indefinite. When the environment promotes drying, workers are more productive because they can stay on-schedule.
- Meeting specifications for flooring and finishes: Manufacturers may only guarantee the successful application or installation of products if you meet the temperature and humidity specifications. Similarly, a flooring contractor may only perform work on concrete that’s within a specific relative humidity range. Construction dehumidification services eliminate extra moisture in the air to create conditions that promote curing and drying.
- Lower Job Costs: When moisture causes mold problems, corrosion and degradation delays, you have to spend money to replace the affected materials. Construction drying services prevent such losses, allowing you to stay within budget and on-schedule.
- Improve indoor air quality: When you control ambient conditions using temporary drying solutions, you can heat, cool and dehumidify the air without worrying about the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Construction drying services use clean equipment, ductwork and other ancillary items to keep the air fresh and workers healthy and comfortable.
- HVAC Damage & Warranty Issues: HVAC systems aren’t designed to keep construction sites dry conditioned, their purpose is to keep occupants comfortable in a completed building. Using one for this purpose overburdens the equipment and wastes energy. Utilization of the HVAC System for construction damages key components in the long run, and can void the warranty. Temporary dehumidification systems are designed for preventing moisture issues at construction sites and often use less energy than the permanent system. If you require more control over ambient conditions, use indirect fired heaters or cooling units.
- Expedite dry times of finishes: Moisture leads to corrosion in metals, rot, and chemical breakdowns in adhesives and finishes. Temporary climate control helps prevent and eliminate moisture and condensation problems, allowing you to maintain the integrity of building materials.
- Installation of wood flooring or millwork: Excessive humidity causes damage to flooring and millwork. Temporary climate control helps stabilize wood materials, preventing them from buckling, warping, shrinking or expanding.
- You need more control over the condition and quality of materials. When building materials succumb to mold, corrosion, warping or rot, this reflects poorly on your firm. This is particularly true if the humidity affects the quality of installations or voids a warranty. Temporary climate control helps maintain the integrity of your building materials, equipment and stored materials. It will promote quality workmanship and successful installations.
- You want to be green: When you work with a temporary climate control company, the professionals will take into account the building’s envelop, the size of the room and the site’s location to provide you with equipment that’s the right size. The temporary dehumidifying technologies will eliminate dependence on the HVAC unit and enhance energy efficiency when the units are sized correctly. In addition, a construction project may earn LEED points because the units help improve air quality.
- Prevention of mold or mildew invaded building materials: Moisture at a construction site can promote mold growth and subsequent structural degradation. When you keep the area dry with a climate control solution, mold doesn’t get a chance to attach itself to an object and grow.
The custom construction drying services offered by Polygon can help prevent delays and unforeseen expenses related to moisture problems. Talk to a specialist at Polygon today to learn how temporary climate control equipment can improve your construction project.
Photo by vonderauvisuals via CC license