Be prepared for Hurricane Arthur, and associated storm activity as we move into Fourth of July weekend. Hurricane Arthur is expected to most strongly affect the North Carolina coast including areas surrounding Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks, Myrtle Beach and Wilmington, then will potentially bring heavy rains to areas of New England and Cape Cod. Make sure to prepare your businesses and homes prior to the storm, and be ready to take action if damage occurs to your facilities.
- Utilize the Agility Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
- Identify emergency contacts and take them with you. They should include local utilities, insurance agents, emergency managers and town authorities.
- Review your disaster plan and assign responsibilities to your team.
- Identify and be prepared to take critical records with you.
- Contact Polygon for a complimentary registration in our Code Blue Preparedness Program.
One of the greatest causes of hurricane damage occurs because of storm surges. A surge along with normal tides create a hurricane storm tide, causing a rise in water levels that can result in severe floods along the coast. Businesses and homes located where a storm surge is likely to cause significant flooding should take proper precaution to prepare, and have a plan ready to recover from the water damage.
Even though they may feel eternal, storms eventually die-out. Know ahead of time what you are going to do to recover your home, business and personal items after the storm. Polygon is prepared to respond 24/7 and be your partner throughout the recovery process. Our experienced team of technicians are in position to rapidly respond, address the damage, and manage your recovery process from start to finish. Contact Us for preparedness assistance, or damage restoration. 1-800-422-6379.