After experiencing water damage, it is crucial to dry out the affected areas within 48 hours, as this is how long it takes mold to begin growing. The longer your contents remain wet, the more likely it is to deteriorate from mold and bacterial damage. Since it’s not always practical or economical to own dehumidification equipment, a dehumidifier rental for flood damage is one of the best tools for emergency drying services.
Why Choose a Dehumidifier Rental for Flood Damage
When a space falls victim to water damage, one of the common remedies is to use a large fan, or air mover, to dry the area. While this solution may work well in an arid area that experienced minimal water damage, it’s often not enough. A better technique is the use of an air mover and commercial dehumidifier.
Dehumidifiers have cooled metal fins whose temperature is below the space’s dew point temperature, the temperature at which condensation forms. As the fans move the air, the chilled fins condense the moisture, which is in the form of vapor, or gas. The dehumidifier collects the condensed water in a tray or diverts it to a basin. Depending on the model, a commercial dehumidifier can remove up to 300 pints of water in a day. In addition to removing excess water vapor from the air, the reduced vapor concentration promotes the evaporation of water molecules. As fans move the air, dehumidifiers speed up the evaporation process.
Prior to using a dehumidifier, it is important to ensure that it is safe to enter the affected space and use electronic equipment. It is also a good idea to identify the source of the water intrusion and remedy it to prevent further damage.
Benefits of Dehumidification Rentals for Emergency Drying Services
- It costs less to rent a commercial dehumidification unit than to purchase one. When you rent a dehumidifier, you only pay for the time that you use it.
- You gain access to the best dehumidifiers. Companies that rent out dehumidifiers, like Polygon, stock the best commercial dehumidifiers in the industry. The experts regularly maintain the equipment and ensure that they work well before you use them.
- Receive expert advice. The type of dehumidifier that you need depends on the application and area’s size. Rather than guess about the best type of commercial dehumidifier to use, a company representative provides you with expert guidance.
- Save space. Commercial dehumidification equipment takes up space. When you rent, you never have to worry about where to keep the dehumidifier when it’s not in use.
- Save energy. Using a dehumidifier negates the need to use an HVAC system to dry out a space after experiencing water damage. In turn, you reduce the load on the heating and cooling system and prevent unnecessary wear and tear.
- Ensure business continuity. Using a dehumidifier is one of the fastest ways to dry out a wet space, allowing your business to recover faster from a flooding disaster.
A leader in water damage restoration, Polygon offers dehumidifier rentals when you need emergency drying services. If you experienced any type of water damage, contact Polygon right away to hasten your recovery and restoration efforts. Similarly, if your company is creating or reviewing its emergency disaster plan, sign up for the Code Blue® program, to receive priority access to Polygon’s emergency response teams, which operate 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
[Photo from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Northeast Region via CC License 2.0]