Polygon recently completed a project for a medical office in southwest Reading, Pennsylvania that suffered extensive damage from a two-alarm fire. Although the cause of the fire was not immediately known, officials think it started on the roof, which had wooden beams inside of it. It did not take long for the flames to consume the entire rooftop. Although the medical office had a fire alarm, the local fire department never received the signal it sends when the alarm sounds. The firefighters only learned about the blaze from neighbors who called 9-1-1. A report from the “Reading Eagle” states the medical office’s “roof was destroyed and the interior was charred.”
After the fire, Polygon was contracted to help remediate the building’s extensively damaged medical documents. Medical documents the professionals at Polygon can help restore include water-damaged documents, x-rays, wet books and damaged photographs. By calling Polygon, the medical office was able to prevent mold growth and deterioration caused by the fire’s smoke and soot, which would have caused further damage to the documents, and aided in business continuity. The professionals at Polygon handle all medical documents per HIPPA standards and handle sensitive materials with strict protocols to ensure the privacy of those served by medical offices.
Learn more about document restoration for your business.